HELLO


Hi there, welcome to my blog! and thankyou for stopping by. I have designed this blog to share with you knitting patterns that are my favourites and, i'll be trying out some new ones along the way. I also hope to help knitters new and old (i don't mean your age LOL) by sharing information, handy hints and tips, answering quieries and helping solve your knitting problems. Before you go, please help me by making a comment and suggest any knitting project you'd like to see.

Thanks again. Have a nice day!


Dianne

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Easy Knit Baby Mittens


This is a great little pattern when you need to make a baby gift FAST!
The Baby Mitts can be made in no time at all. This is an awesome go-to gift item when you need something sweet and handmade but don’t have lots of time to get it done.




Materials:
Size 4 mm (5 US) needles
DK weight yarn Blue and White or Pink and White
Gauge:
21.5 sts= 4 inches (10 cm)


Mittens
With  pink or blue cast on 28 sts and work in K2, p2 for 8 rows
work in St st for 2 rows.,
Eyelet row: k1,*yo,k2tog, k1, rep from* to end
next row purl
Knit 1 row
Purl 1 row
change to white knit 6 rows st st
Change to pink or blue
Work 2 rows St st
Shaping
Next row: (k2tog, k11) twice, k2tog - 25 sts
Next row: purl
Next row: k2tog, k10, k2tog, k to last 2 ts, k2tog - 22 sts
Next row: purl

Next row: (k2tog, k8) twice, k2tog - 19 sts
Next row: purl
BO. Cut yarn, leaving a long length of yarn for sewing side seam
Note: The mittens can be made larger by increasing the number of stitches by increments of 4 stitches and then adding length as needed.

I always had these little thumbless mitts on my daughter when she was tiny but my version always had a string to attach them. I would run the string through the sleeves of her sweater or jacket. Nowadays I am not sure if this is considered safe so I didn’t add a string to the pattern. Mittens on a string sure are cute though!


Have fun with your tiny Baby Mitts!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this. I'm a beginner with lots of yarn and four kids who have a lot of scarves and hats because that's all I can make, but I think I can do these! I will post again after I try and let you know.

    ReplyDelete